Inventory Control Manager
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Inventory Control Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and managing specialized Inventory analyses ensuring the replenishment team meets its goals. The position reports to a Category Manager and works closely with members of the Procurement and Operations teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement inventory control procedures.
- Plan, assign, and direct work to accommodate workload and schedule requirements.
- Interface & plan with Category Management, Buyers, Sales and suppliers to ensure effective replenishment for ongoing needs.
- Manages forecast exceptions to achieve targeted service levels and turn rates.
- Run monthly dead & slow inventory reports and monitor levels to attain dead and slow reduction goals.
- Work with the inventory replenishment team to negotiate obsolete inventory RTV’s, transfers. Etc.
- Monitors attainment of product category and supplier service level and turns goal.
- Calculates Inventory Turns
- Monitors Inventory Levels to ensure attainment of goals.
- Assist with issues pertaining to Vendor Stock outs, Late PO’s, etc.
- Set-up vendors in company ERP System.
- Analyze the Impact of Inventory Buy-ins for profitability & Operational expense.
- Track new SKU & increased usage estimates compared to actual sales movement.
- Track inventory turnover.
- Prepare and distribute inventory reports as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years’ of similar Inventory Control or supply Chain experience in a distribution environment. Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and with Inventory Management software. Must be detailed oriented and well organized. Capable of working both independently and as part of a team to provide superior customer satisfaction to both internal and external customers. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.