Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Procurement Manager is responsible for the successful management of products and suppliers with a focus on Foodservice disposables.
The position reports to the Director of Supply Chain Management and works closely with other members of the Procurement team. The position will interact on a regular basis with Marketing, Sales, Operations, Finance and Purchasing. The Procurement manager is responsible for maintaining positive working relationships with our vendor community.
- Bachelor’s Degree; with a Minimum of 2+ years of similar procurement management experience in a distribution environment, including 2-3 years’ experience with foodservice product lines
- Proven negotiating abilities
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products (specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Possess excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to analyze data and identify root causes
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a team to provide superior customer satisfaction to both internal and external customers
- Must be detailed oriented and well organized
- Candidates with experience with Six Sigma or Lean Processes are preferred
- Develops, negotiates, and manages supplier programs and relationships
- Researches and approves new suppliers, items and cost changes
- Conducts regular category reviews with preferred suppliers and senior management
- Manages vendor communications and consistently provides vendor performance feedback and resolves issues based on vendor scorecard assessment.
- Analyze business and customer trends; develop plan and execution strategy using key findings that results into a profitable concept-selling format.
- Plan, develop, and implement the marketing efforts of an assigned product line(s)
- Develop and execute necessary marketing communication plans, to include external communication to customers, and internal communication to inside and field sellers.
- Understand, analyzes competitive information and establishes pricing strategies with sales management
- Assist Procurement team in item life cycle analysis
- Understands and demonstrates PJP’s Core Values
- Performs other duties as assigned
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply | View on LinkedIn