Title: Marketplace Manager
Reports to: E-commerce Manager
The Marketplace Manager will strive to improve the overall revenue generated by PJP’s external sales channels through various tactics that align with our company goals and core values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business Development
- Driving the strategy specific to our Marketplace business as well as influencing the overarching strategy of PJP’s ecommerce division.
- Developing processes and SOP’s (standard operating procedures) around day-to-day Marketplace management activities.
- Experimenting with new external Sales/Marketing channels and partnership opportunities.
- Leveraging software tools (Zentail Multi-channel) and their provided analytics to maximize conversion rates and improve our sales margin through activities such as competitive pricing analysis and strategic repricing.
- Monitoring the important metrics associated with each marketplace to ensure that PJP is operating in accordance with the channels quality standards and policies.
- Correcting product listing errors to ensure maximum visibility in each marketplace.
- Improving our presence on each channel by attracting seller reviews, maintaining our seller and product listing pages.
- Adding new inventory to our database once it’s made available to sell.
- Updating current inventory levels and forecasting future inventory needs.
- Championing/Enforcing the selling and Customer Service policies mentioned above.
- Clearly defining what is needed to make our channels more successful.
- Facilitating relationships with our software partners and marketplace points of contact as well as troubleshooting any issues that may arise in their platforms.
- Keeping up to date on the latest trends within the Ecommerce landscape and disseminating information throughout the team.
- 2+ years of general Ecommerce experience on B2C channels such as Amazon, Walmart, Jet and Ebay.
- 2+ years of general Digital Marketing experience in one or more of the following areas: SEO, Paid Search, Affiliate Marketing, etc.
- College degree preferred.
- Ability to develop and report sales and performance analytics.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new software.
- Restaurant or restaurant supply industry experience preferred.
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of Excel including but not limited to techniques such as pivot tables and vlookup functions.
- Entrepreneurial attitude.
Must possess good organizational skills and possess good verbal and written communication and problem solving skills. Able to cope in a stressful and fast-paced environment. Detailed oriented, trustworthy, honest and respects confidentially. Sitting for prolonged periods of time, standing, walking, speaking, seeing, hearing, bending, and reaching.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.