Title: E-Commerce Merchandising & Content SEO
Reports to: E-commerce Manager
The E-commerce Merchandising & Content SEO position will seek to improve the overall conversion rate, average order value and organic search engine visibility of our nation-wide, B2C sales channel, PJPMarketplace.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Auditing our existing product listings and developing a long-term improvement process.
- Leveraging historic sales data to determine when and how to best execute promotional activity.
- Leveraging software tools such as Hotjar, SEMrush and Google Analytics to improve product placement on the site in a way that empowers shoppers and increases their cart size.
- Developing processes and SOP’s (standard operating procedures) around day-to-day Merchandising and Organic Search Marketing activities.
- Influencing the growth strategy specific to our B2C sales channel. Especially regarding Organic Search Engine Marketing.
- Curating/Creating all the elements necessary to improving our product listings such as new images, selling copy and up/cross-sell items.
- Conducting keyword research that will align PJPMarketplace.com with the competition and improve how users find our products in organic search as well as our own internal search functionality.
- Conducting competitor analysis to determine the best way to lead customer down the path-to-purchase and/or increase their cart size.
- Monitoring and taking action on all the metrics relevant to the departments goals.
- Creating and Maintaining a promotional calendar that aligns with the company’s overall marketing initiatives.
- Clearly defining what is needed to make our channels more successful.
- Facilitating relationships with our software partners as well as troubleshooting any issues that may arise in their platforms.
- Keeping up to date on the latest trends within the SEO landscape and disseminating information throughout the team.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalency.
- Ability to write clear, concise selling copy. Writing samples required.
- Photoshop and image editing experience required.
- Understanding of the overall concept of SEO with an interest in learning more.
- Entrepreneurial attitude with ability to work autonomously.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Magento experience strongly preferred.
Must possess good organizational skills and possess good verbal and written communication and problem solving skills. Able to cope in a stressful and fast-paced environment. Detailed oriented, trustworthy, honest and respects confidentially. Sitting for prolonged periods of time, standing, walking, speaking, seeing, hearing, bending, and reaching.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.