The Competitive Pricing Analyst is responsible for analyzing competitive intelligence, implementing new pricing strategies, tracking margin and sales declines, and ensuring overall margin and pricing strategies are in alignment with company goals. All of this is done with the goal of increasing gross margin dollars.
The position reports to the Supply Chain Manager and works closely with Sales, Marketing, and Purchasing. As this role involves interaction with departments across the company, this is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter and a team player to learn about many aspects of our unique business and directly impact profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with sales, purchasing, and marketing teams to gain an in-depth understanding of segment specific pricing strategies and the overall competitive landscape.
- Develop and maintain pricing strategies and minimum sell prices for specific industries/market.
- Analyze competitive information gathered through multiple sources to develop recommended pricing by geographic segment.
- Review margin and sales declines in real time to identify opportunities for the sales team to target profitability.
- Analyze overall customer profitability, including operational and overhead costs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Marketing, or Business-related field
- Minimum of four years’ experience in Pricing Management, Data Analytics, or a related field
- Ability to create, maintain and analyze data to identify trends and root causes
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills, specifically Excel
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- Capability of synthesizing data from diverse sources into actionable recommendations
- Possess excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Ability to think outside the lines, but also capable of supporting ideas with a rigorous fact-based approach to decision makings
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be detailed oriented and well organized