Penn Jersey Paper Company is a fully integrated distributor of packaging, paper, janitorial chemicals, consumables, and equipment for various business types. PJP is committed to the distribution of quality products and services, while ensuring both growth and profitability for our organization. It is our philosophy to strive for customer service and distribution excellence, while maintaining traditional values; Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, and Respect.
PJP has been voted Top Work Places 9 years in a row – join the family and find out why!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review account information to determine if customer orders will be released for delivery based upon their credit limit, days outstanding and payment history.
- Review trial balance on accounts which are in a delinquent status.
- Contact delinquent customer accounts for payment; work with customer and manager to assist in a reasonable resolution of delinquency.
- Record all pertinent information regarding accounts in the database system for future referral.
- Research problem accounts in areas such as duplicate billings, returned items, and short payments, including pricing problems and damages.
- Interact with other departments in a professional and friendly manner.
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller and/or Supervisor, Credit & Collections.
Business to Business Experience REQUIRED
- High school diploma required; Associates Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in Business to Business collections required.
- Must be skilled in verbal and written communication.
- Basic to Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel; proficient mail merge and
- Excel formula knowledge