Title: Order Picker
Reports to: Warehouse Manager and/or Night Warehouse Manager and/or Assistant Night Warehouse Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Picking, palletizing, labeling, wrapping, and loading merchandise on to trucks for delivery.
- Safely operate forklift/reach trucks/pallet jacks.
- Read production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformances to company standards.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Prepares parcels for mailing.
- Maintains inventory records.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours or work when necessary to reach goals (The regular workweek shall consist of five (5) consecutive eight (8) hour days, Monday through Friday; Overtime may increase shift hours, not to exceed fourteen (14) hours per shift). Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- High school education preferred and/or up to one month related experience or training.
- OSHA certification preferred
- Certified to operate reach trucks and fork lifts preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reach a limited number of two-and-three syllable works and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to speak simple sentences.
Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Pay grade | Negotiated Union Rate
Management? (Yes/No) | No
E/NE status | E
Created/revised | 3/7/16