Are Your Servers Offering Wine Service?
Ask The Question
How To Serve Wine
- Present the bottle, label up and held along the forearm, to the person who ordered it. Ask them if it’s the correct one.
- Open the bottle. Place the cork on the table in the vicinity of the taster.
- Ask them if they would like to taste the wine. If they answer “no,” you can skip to step four. If they answer yes, pour an ounce into their glass. Stand back until they’ve approved.
- Serve the woman to the tasters left first and work clockwise around the table, serving all the women then the men. The taster always has their glass filled last.
- Place the wine on the table where you can easily reach it. Come back periodically throughout the meal and top off their glasses unless instructed not to by the guests.